Everybody loves corn

Everybody loves corn
After I walked the corn field next to the barn, I thought it was fitting to give the steers a little snack.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Just Getting Started

I have always heard about people using this website.  And as bad as it sounds I have created an account as part of a school project.  But this school project is very near and dear to my heart.  I was born and raised on a large family farm in North Central Ohio.  On our farm we raise several hundred head of cattle annually, as well as 4,500 acres of row crops.  My school project is an independent study in animal "agvocacy". Myself and another student have a goal in bringing to the public as well as fellow students information about how farmers are treating their livestock, and working with the Ohio Livestock Care Boards standards and showing the public as well as members from animal activist groups that farmers are actually treating their animals with respect and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment