Everybody loves corn

Everybody loves corn
After I walked the corn field next to the barn, I thought it was fitting to give the steers a little snack.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm Getting My MBA

As most people read my blog title and wonder since when did she go to graduate school, I'll correct you now.  As part of my course work on Agvocacy I was to do some work outside the classroom, I choose to get my MBA, Masters of Beef Advocacy.

Throughout this six part course I have listened to presentations, done homework, and taken quizzes through this online school funded by The Beef Checkoff.  I have covered the topics of Modern Beef Production, Animal Care, Beef Safety, Nutrition, Environmental Stewardship, and written course about The Beef Checkoff.

I have learned a great deal of information from doing this.  Different things such as lean beef and how good it is for you, all about animal husbandry and care, what different types of beef production are out there, and how we need to respect the land that we are raising our cattle on.  I strongly encourage anyone who is a beef producer to take this online course, because I have learned a great deal from it, and I know that we all need to keep up to date with our industry, and keep good relations with our consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment